I) As one ages immune function decreases and inflammation increases.
2) Every known disease has a inflammation component.
3) Vitamin D and fermented foods reduce inflammation.
4) Reduce inflammation and you reduce disease.
5) There is a inverse relationship between vitamin D levels and disease. Another way of saying this is as the vitamin D level goes up disease goes down.
6) At Grassrootshealth.org has documented that relationship between vitamin D and disease. So has vitamin D council.
7) Schizophrenia has, as a part of the disease, increased inflammation of the brain.
8) Use of probiotics, which involves fermented food use, decreases inflammation.
9) Inflammation from unfriendly bacteria sends messages to the brain via the vagus nerve causing anxiety, stress and a tendency toward depression.
10) Probiotic bacteria (friendly) produce vitamin k2.
11) Vitamin K2 in one study reduced calcium in coronary arteries by fifty percent in six months. Calcium in the coronary is the leading indicator that a heart attack is likely, NOT cholesterol.
!2) Anti inflammatory probiotics decrease inflammation in the gut.
13) Eighty five percent of immune function is in the gut. Immune function improves as a result of optimized vitamin D levels and probiotic's in the gut, big time. Improved immune function means less, colds, flu, shingles, cancer etc etc.
14) Decreasing inflammation in the gut causes a communication to the brain by the vagus nerve leading to less stress and anxiety. Stimulating the vagus nerve with a electrical stimulator ( much like a pacemaker) has been used to treat depression. It works.
15) Decrease inflammation and you decrease illness, pain, and increase immune function which should in my opinion lead to a longer and more comfortable life.
16) If you increase immune function and decrease inflammation you feel and act younger. I believe you are, effectively, younger!
17) This works for me and I believe it will work for you.
Bruce Bennett CRNA